Just because a debtor files for bankruptcy does not mean that a creditor is without recourse. It is essential to move quickly with the help of knowledgeable legal professionals in order to best maximize recovery. The bankruptcy attorneys at Scofield, Gerard, Pohorelsky, Gallaugher & Landry, located in Lake Charles, have decades of experience representing businesses and financial institutions in collecting from debtors in bankruptcy cases throughout Louisiana, Texas and other jurisdictions.
We help businesses of all sizes protect their rights in every facet of bankruptcy proceedings, including:
- Representing creditors in adversary proceedings and contested matters, including contesting discharges, lien ranking disputes, preference actions, fraudulent transfer cases
- Obtaining relief from the automatic stay to protect the rights of secured creditors or allow pre-existing litigation to go forward in other courts
- Opposing confirmation of reorganization plans that are prejudicial to our clients’ interests
- Protecting cash collateral and enforcing lien and mortgage rights
- Enforcing rights under executory contracts
Our lawyers have full knowledge of the rules and procedures concerning bankruptcy litigation. We also develop creative solutions for creditor representation aimed at maximizing recoveries while preserving future revenue when a debtor remains a potential customer.